It may not easy to remain calm and keep a high energy level all the time especially for working people but finding that discipline that would help you in all walks of life isn’t at all taxing. By going through a stretch routine every day, you will learn how to channel energy and keep both body and head under control. It’s also a great way of recharging your body from the stressful day at the office.
Stretching literally elongates the muscles as well as increasing suppleness. Long flexible body tends to look light and more graceful. Breathing plays an important role in stretching. It enables you to master the movements and control stress levels. It’s the perfect way to keep a sense of balance and proportion in your life.
Try to do at least 30 minutes every day and make it your daily routine. The advantage of stretching is that you don’t need any equipment, and you can do it anywhere. Here are some stretching techniques that you can do for just 15 minutes of your time done daily and you’ll be as supple as a cat and as graceful as a dancer!
- Place hands against a wall and stretch one leg behind you, the heel firmly on the ground. Hold for one minute, then repeat on the other leg.
- Legs apart, feet flat on the ground, try to place your hands on the floor while breathing out. Hold position for one minute.
- To release stress on your back, go down all fours and round your back up toward the ceiling. Hold for one minute.
- Still on all fours, hollow the back, lifting the throat and breathing out. Hold for one minute.
- Kneel, leaning back onto your elbows, keeping your bottom close to the floor. Hold for two minutes.
- Lie flat on the ground, then bring your legs over your head and touch the ground with your feet. Hold for one minute.
Remember, daily repetition of a routine will help master breathing technique. Ideally, one should begin a stretch routine with an instructor to learn how to execute the movements correctly, and then continue to practice alone.